Focus on 'Typography and Education'
Typography Day will be organized for the ninth time on 25th to 27th February 2016 at Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore in collaboration with the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme for this year's event is 'Typography and Education'
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'Typography and Education'. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on 'Research in Typography'
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on 'Typography and Education'
The Conference will focus on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in Education of Typography
- Basics and Elements of Typography Design
- Typography and Process of Learning
- Typography Education with Multilingual Scripts
- Typography Education in Native (Indigenous) Scripts
- Education in Local Language Typography
- Research Activities in Typography and Education