Focus on 'Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness'
Typography Day was being organized for the eight time from 7th to 9th of March 2015 at the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme for the year 2015 event was 'Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’.
The event featured a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference was dedicated to 'typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’. The international conference was devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference included presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event also hosted an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event was planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on ‘Research in Typography’
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on ‘Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness’
The Conference focused on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in typography,sensitivity and fineness
- Sensitivity and fineness to typography design
- Craftsmanship in typography design
- Intricate details of typography
- Sensitivity and fineness in typography design with multilingual scripts
- Sensitivity and fineness in typography design in native (indigenous) scripts
- Sensitivity and fineness typography design within local contexts.
- Research activities in typography, sensitivity and fineness
- Education aspects of typography with sensitivity and fineness
Sub-themes for the conference:
The conference focussed on, but would not be limited to the following sub-themes
- Typography- Calligraphy, Sensitivity and Fineness
Teaching and practice, Workshops and schools
- Digital typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
- Environmental Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
- Commercial typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
- Vernacular typography, Sensitivity and Fineness
Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
- Typograph , Sensitivity and Fineness in Education
Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
- Typography, Sensitivity and Fineness in Media
Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion